Friday, November 22, 2019

Kid Senate on immigration

I learned that the issue of immigration has been a lot more difficult than I thought. Many of the senators think that there shouldn't be so much restrictions on immigrations yet a bill or law can never get through. Also the last time that a major discussion was held about immigration was in 2013 when Obama was in presidency.


Image result for immigration rate
Crime Rates vs immigrants
I found what the kid's thought in general to be interesting. One thing that I remember clearly was how only violent crimes should be the only thing to stop immigrants. Misdemeanors shouldn't be something that should hold them back. For the kids to think of something that adults thought of was what interested me because they are thinking of something that adults thought and argued about. What I found to dislike was how the commentator made it seem like what the kids have done is something revolutionary and that if the kids could do it then adults should. I didn't like this section because the kids are inexperienced with worldly matters and the commentators are making it seem like it immigration is something easy to resolve.

1 comment:

  1. T= I like the graph you used to show the disconnect between violent crime and immigration.

    A= Why do you think adults dont make the changes that even kids can recognize need to be done.

    G= I would suggest adding more pictures and also a works cited.

    ReplyDelete